Welcome to the Eumetsat talent community
Eumetsat are working in partnership with Cogito to create a platform for talented technical professionals to keep ahead of their peers and hear first-hand about our amazing career opportunities and unique culture.
Join The community and gain:
- Early awareness of vacancies
- Insight into working life at EUMETSAT
- Access to our EUMETSAT recruitment team
- Monthly Newsletter with EUMETSAT employee and organisation features
WHY WORK AT EUMETSAT?
- EUMETSAT is growing. Our ambitious target of launching and operating many new satellites in the following years will require substantial recruitment, not only within the science and engineering teams that directly support EUMETSAT’s missions, but also within the numerous support functions that keep the wheels turning and the lights on
- It’s an exciting time to be working at EUMETSAT. We operate a fleet of 10 satellites delivering weather- and climate-related satellite data, images and products to our users worldwide
- We are scheduled to launch and operate satellites each year for the coming decade. The work we do makes a positive contribution, helping to protect lives, property and industries.
- Located in the state of Hesse in the centre of Germany, Darmstadt is a city of approximately 140,000 inhabitants. It is home to many major scientific and technical organisations, including EUMETSAT, European Space Agency Operations Centre (ESOC), T-Mobile, Merck amongst other. This development has led to Darmstadt being dubbed the ‘Wissenschaftstadt’, or ‘City of Science’, and makes it an economically prosperous and internationally diverse city.
- As a result of its close proximity to Frankfurt, a major European transport hub, Darmstadt is easily accessible by air, rail and road. It is a 20-minute drive from Frankfurt International Airport, and its main railway station has links to major cities both within Germany and in neighbouring countries.
- Full relocation support is offered, EUMETSAT are well versed in supporting new employees and their families to settle in the Darmstadt area
- EUMETSAT staff members are drawn from each of our thirty member states. They are professionals who represent a diverse field of expertise, ranging from satellite operations, engineering, meteorology and data processing, to administration, law and finance.
- The diverse backgrounds of our staff members make for a cosmopolitan and exciting working environment and EUMETSAT makes every effort to help new staff integrate, settle and thrive in their new surroundings
- In keeping with its global mindset, EUMETSAT provides a world-class working environment in its modern headquarters with bright open spaces, a subsidised canteen, a childcare centre and a broad range of social activities.
- In addition to a highly competitive basic salary, staff may be eligible for a number of significant additional benefits and allowances, depending on personal and family circumstances. EUMETSAT remuneration is paid after deduction of an internal tax and is exempt from national income tax.
MEET THE HIRING TEAM
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist