Cogito was formed in 2014 with the single vision to help hiring organisations to take greater control of who and how they hire, increasing candidate quality and building effective attraction strategies. We help businesses, from some of best known global employers to start ups, to discover and engage with external talent which will transform their business, create fact based HR strategies, enhance their employer brand and reduce recruitment agency usage.
Our rapid growth is down to our ability to evolve solutions that others do not offer and we are now looking to capitalise on our growing market share by investing in our sales team.
We want to hire driven business developers who are able to sell solutions to fix unique customer problems not off the shelf products and services.
The Role Purpose
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing, The Business Development Specialist is the ambassador of our company, promoting our innovative suite of people research, labour market data and talent insight services to HR, Recruitment and Business Leaders to develop new accounts.
Your work will involve creating a prospective database from cold data, research and networking, from which you will generate leads by creating excellent sales pitches, meeting new clients, and fostering good relationships with these clients to maintain future business.
We are looking for a proactive salesperson who can build upon our continued and rapid growth to focus upon selling our wide range of research, insight and data analytics platforms and services which offer businesses a truly unique solution, you will benefit from a stellar set of case studies, globally renowned reference clients and unrivalled product range – your role is to identify, nurture and secure new customers,
• Generate a database of potential clients to call and market Cogito services to.
• Make calls to prospective clients to build awareness of Cogito services and build a pipeline of meetings.
• Present to prospective clients through demonstrating examples of Cogito reports and services, principally via video but also face to face as required.
• Communicate ideas and solutions effectively in order to maintain positive, ongoing business relationships and customer service
• Attend weekly sales meetings to set goals, with a clear strategy for the week ahead and presenting business development activity.
• Track campaign success and report sales revenue standings on a weekly basis.
• Attend networking events to engage within new markets.
• Work with the Head of Sales & Marketing to produce sales collateral and strategy to meet targets.
We are all about building long standing customer relationships based upon our ability to really understand their issues, as such you must have a consultative approach to sales.
You will love meeting and working with people daily and be a self-motivated team player that can exceed goals and revenue expectations, with the ability to work on own initiative whilst building positive and rewarding working relationships with both colleagues and stakeholders.
You have also demonstrated B2B Sales or Customer Service experience with an ability to achieve sales targets with past success stories.
Ideally you will have CRM experience and possess highly effective communication skills including telephone, video and email.
One of your greatest strengths will be your strong rapport building skills and create excellent relationships with prospect customers.
Along with an annual salary of circa £30,000+ you will also be eligible for uncapped bonus potential, we wont limit the amount you can earn.
You will also receive 25 days annual leave, access to a range of employee perks, Company Pension and a Training & Development plan to help you excel.
The role is based at our Bristol Cogito Office with hybrid working available