We were founded in 2014 with a clear goal to disrupt the recruitment industry by empowering employers to improve talent acquisition by combining our recruitment expertise with unrivalled data and insights.
About the job
COGITO IS LOOKING FOR A CONFIDENT AND CREATIVE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Our team is growing! We are seeking a results-oriented, motivated and strategic team player to join our fast-paced and friendly sales and marketing team. This newly created role is an exciting opportunity to become part of a growing business and contribute towards the next phase of our business strategy.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial and Creative, you will drive productivity and increase new business, managing the entire sales process from lead to close.
Cogito was formed in 2014 with the single vision to help hiring organisations to take greater control of who and how they hire, increasing candidate quality and building effective attraction strategies.
Since then our business has evolved to offer a wide range of human resources related solutions covering: Employer Branding, Reward, Organisational Research, Labour Market and Candidate Insights and People Analytics.
We help businesses, from some of best known global employers to start ups, to make informed people strategy decisions which will transform their business.
We empower our employees to push themselves to reach their full potential and utilise their skills in the best way possible, providing opportunities for training and development.
We encourage both collaborative and independent working.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for selling and promoting our data, insights, survey and research products to new clients and identifying new business opportunities.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to structure and undertake work tasks to ensure targets are met
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and rapport building skills including telephone, video and email.
- Data analysis, interpretation and presentation skills.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in target driven sales or business development.
- A knowledge of CRM systems and other sales tools.
- A demonstrated ability to measure results and report to business owners.
- Experience of selling data, information or web-based services, or similar, which involve the need for a consultative, solutions approach rather than standardised product selling.
- You will be highly driven, proactive and willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic to deliver exceptional results in a fast paced, growing business.
- Develop and implement a sales approach which increases revenue and market share.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities by conducting market research and building relationships with potential clients.
- Manage the entire sales process for your range of services, including lead generation, qualification, proposal development, and contract negotiation.
- Collaborate with the other teams, including People Insights, Marketing, Hiring Programmes and Learning & Development to understand and keep track of their offerings to create key selling points.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in HR data and analytics.
- Work alongside the Director of Commercial and Creative on improving sales processes and business development opportunities.
- Attend and present at external client meetings, conferences, tradeshows, and internal company functions, to aid business development.
- Compile and present proposals which extenuate the benefits of working with Cogito and our USP.
From regular team lunches to a day off on your birthday, inhouse mental health first aiders, inhouse learning & development specialists and monthly awards, we are dedicated to looking after our employees.
Located in the heart of Bristol, our desirable office location provides plenty of social opportunities and excellent transport links.
- An annual salary of circa £40,000
- An uncapped commission scheme enabling you to at least double your annual earnings based upon target achievement.
- 25 days Annual Leave
- Birthdays Off
- Company Pension
- Cycle to Work Benefit Scheme
We offer a hybrid working model, with our Head Office based in Bristol. You are welcome to visit the office as often as you like, however our expectation is once a month for team catch ups, collaboration and downtime with your colleagues.
To Apply: Please send your CV to HR@cogitotalent.com